Rough year, but risen from the ashes… Overcoming adversity!
This year has been a pretty tough year for me, went through a lot, hit many roadblocks. My whole world felt apart! 3At the beginning of my first semester this year I have faced homelessness for 3 months, which contributed to depression, me stopping track and field for the year, lost of motivation, grades. It was a really difficult time and dark period for me, but this definetly made me a stonger person. I had two chocies here; my world felt apart, either giving up and cutting my losses, or taking a deep breath and begin to rebuild, I told myself that I didn’t come that far to give up now. As someone said one day, ”you never know how strong you really are until being strong is your only option”. Life gave me a hundred reasons to cry, but I showed life that I had a thousand reasons to SMILE. I didn’t let this obstacle make me a bitter person, but a better one.
I am truly happy that God put this obstacle on my way; this difficult time has helped me to understand better than before, how infinitely rich and beautiful life is in every way, and that so many things that one goes worrying about are of no importance whatsoever. Not only I have found myself emotionally, but also spirually and psychollogically. While going through this cahos, I have realized many things such as who/what matters and doesn’t in my life. I became more responsible. This period of my life also made me realized that if I was going to achieve anything in life I had to be aggressive. I had to get out there and go for it. If you want something, go get it period (Will Smith). Micheal Jordan failed over and over again before he succeed. All that made me strive for more, want more, give more and get more. Now every time I hit the track all I think about is Brazil 2016! Before I used to say I want to make it to the Olympics just like that, but now this is more than a dream, it is passion, I breath it, live it; every bit of sweat is a step towards that goal - every mile I run gets me closer.
It took me time to talk about this, but I have realized that I have nothing to be ashamed of. I was tired of people constantly asking me: ”why did you stop track and field?”, ”did you put some weight on?” and blah blah blah - so for those asking me these questions repeatidly yes! that’s what happens to someone when they have no place live (they have to worry about their survival) - they can’t take care of themselve as they used to…
It also took me lots of time to get back on track, but lately everything has been going my way. I don’t ask for much, I have a place to live, passed all my class this semester with decent grades, don’t have much friends, but I know I can count on the few I have.
The most suprising in all that is that I can still run my 32-40 K without problem and my internal clock seems to be intact. I lost a bit of muscle of course, but towards the end of the summer everything should be fine. I can’t wait for the new track season to begin!
If people think I was a beast before because I used to train #nodaysoff well they have no idea of the new girl I am. If I was good before, this time I’ll be STRONGER - INVINCIBLE!
It’s not my story anymore: whenever I speak about the past now, I feel as if I were talking about something that has nothing to do with me. All that remains in the present are the voice, the presence, and the importance of fulfilling my mission. I don’t regret difficulties I experienced; I think they helped me to become the person I am today, I feel the way a warrior must feel after years of training; he doesn’t remember the details of everything he learned, but he knows how to strike when the time is right.
So for all of you out there who are losing hope remember to never give up, tell yourself that there’s worst than that that could happen to you. As long as you and those you love are alive and healthy - you shouldn’t worry about irrelevant things. Set a goal - work for it and go get it! If you put in the work, the results will come.
Have a nice day :)
Once you have read this (10 DISGUSTING FACTS ABOUT FAST FOOD) it is unlikely that you would want to go to eat at a fast food restaurant again. These unbelievable though 100% true facts are good enough to stop me from going to such places.
- This is actually among one of the worst facts about fast food. The average fast food consumer consumes 12 public hairs in any given year.
- Bacteriophages have been given approval by the FDA to be used on processed food like hot dogs, cutlet, lunch meat etc.
- The cheese available to you In the market that is labeled as processed is just half of what you want (the product) while the rest of the product is additives, chemicals and flavoring that has nothing to do with the product.
- FDA has given approval for an average of 30 insect fragments that includes rodent hair per 100 grams of peanut butter.
- Shellac a product used to give improved shining to the wood and furniture could be a member in your stomach, since it is also used for food product.
- Salad is considered to be the healthiest option among fast food patron, but very little is known about its packing in an antifreeze compound, Propylene Glycerol that is known to cause eye and skin irritation.
- You must not have noticed that that the chicken items listed in the fast food chains contains beefs additives, that is been mentioned as an essence or an extract and is used to improve the flavor and change its health or nutritional stats.
- Every can of coke you consume has a lot of sugar in it, around 10 teaspoon of sugar, which is hell more than your body would want daily. It is just because of an additive phosphoric acid which lowers the level of sugar that you don’t puke out automatically after having the can.
- MacDonald itself uses a bizarre blend of 50 chemicals like those of ethyl acetate, phenethyl alcohol and solvent to match the taste of real strawberry.
- Chicken is the worst of all! It is obtained as slurry of pink paste by a chemical procedure, causing extreme bacterial growth, so it has to be cleaned in ammonia and then have to be added with essence that is more chemicals. Furthermore it is dyed to get the exact color. So just think what you are buying isn’t worth consuming, and think before ordering some chicken nuggets mate.
So what are you waiting for, share this post with your friends.. If you are a fast food freak and now, since you know these disgusting facts about fast food, you certainly need to change your diet.